It's been a hellish couple of days. A virus has basically killed my dearly loved seven-year old computer, and I haven't been able to blog since. It's been torture - mostly because I've had so many awesome things happen in the vegan/animal advocacy world this week and have been unable to blog about them. The result? I have to put my 2009 Vegan Mofo Challenge on hold until I've got a new computer. In the meantime, I've decided that on the days when I'm busier than I want to be, I'll post "Reason to Smile" lists (I've posted a few in these in the past). They make me happy, they're quick and easy to write, and they are a short and sweet way to communicate some lovely news in my life.
So, here are today's "Reasons to Smile":
1) My best friend has gone vegetarian and couldn't be happier with the change.
2) Steve has been vegan for almost a month now, and I am so proud of him. He's even become a bit of an activist himself!
3) Steve and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving married at our Brooklyn home this year. Best part? We're serving a 100% vegan Thanksgiving meal!
4) I volunteered at my second Farm Sanctuary event this past weekend, and I'm really happy that I've been able to add this element of work to my life.
5) I'm getting married in four weeks.
6). I've changed the layout of my kitchen so that I actually have counter space (a small victory, but I like to think an important one).
7) I ate the BEST vegan pumpkin cheesecake of my life last week (courtesy of Red Bamboo in the West Village).
8) I just discovered that Woody Harrelson is a raw vegan, and then I got to watch him kick some undead butt in "Zombieland" on Sunday. Sweet.
9) It's October, so I'm allowed to sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over just about anything now.
10) I live in a place where I have the freedom and ability to fight for causes close to my heart, and eat food I love.
** And a bonus: I love living vegan. Pure and simple. It rocks. **